Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego
In 2014, Millennium Health launched its partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego to support families and children in need right here in San Diego. Due to funding and volunteer shortages, children, or Littles, as they are referred to in the program, often wait more than a year before they can be matched. We are proud that Millennium’s employees can support the program and give back to the community in a meaningful way.
Independent research shows Big Brothers Big Sisters has a measurable, positive impact in children’s lives. In a nationwide study, Little Brothers and Little Sisters were:
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 37% less likely to skip class
- More confident in their academic performance and able to get along better with their families